Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bundle of Joy


I woke up this morning after a long night out for one of my best friends’ birthdays feeling like the wrath of Satan’s yahootie.  I was groggy, tired, cranky, and had a terrible craving for the saltiest, greasiest, most high cal, high fat thing I could get my grimy “little carney hands” on to settle my queasy stomach.  Luckily I have a ridiculously good-looking neighbor who happens to have equally as naughty and good taste in food as I do.  I called him up and asked him if he had any ideas of where I could eat and he said he knew just the right place. 

We rode together to a place in the Mission Valley Shopping Center called Bada Wings at 2161 Avent Ferry Road.  I have passed this place a million and one times and never even thought to stop in.  I never really eat wings unless I’ve been drinking and I have a box of them in the freezer.  We walked into the typical looking sports bar and sat ourselves at a high top table.  Just a few minutes later our friendly server came up with a couple of much needed waters and and asked to take our orders.  Kellen, the neighbor guy suggested that we order the ultimate food sponge to absorb the residual stuff from the night before… the Cheesy French Fry Wrap.

This perfectly sized, perfectly stuffed burrito is packed full of crispy French fries, Monterey jack cheese, homemade ranch, and………. Bacon.  This delicious “side dish” (as the menu itself calls it) could be all yours for the low price of $3.95… $4.95 if you want an extra side of………….. BACON. 


WHAT A GREAT HAND TO SIZE RATIO FOR $3.95!!!


When our food came out in no time flat, I was in complete and utterly overwhelming awe.  It was too pretty to bite into… but I had to force myself.  Thank you, Raleigh Food Gods for making my mind, body, soul and mouth explode once again with flavor and giddiness.  Our cranky moods literally turned the instant we bit into the soft blanket of flour tortilla.  This thing gave me the biggest rush of adrenaline I have had in weeks.  I knew that what I was doing was so wrong… but in the moment it felt oh, so right. 

The sweet and creamy Monterey Jack cheese that melted around the crispy french-fries, and salty crunchy bacon was a perfect balance with the tangy ranch.  The burrito from heaven wasn’t drowned in ranch so it wasn’t a huge mess to eat.  It was the best meal I’ve had in a while, not to mention my date was SMOKIN!

Kellen, a smart and handsome 25-year-old student at NC State said “The taste of these wraps are like gas prices… unbelievable! I have been craving one for weeks now.  Thanks for driving my loofah self to go get one!”  And you’re every so welcome, my creepy little neighbor, you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment